Looking for Affordable Budget Sport Bikes In India? Lets check the details…
Every man dreams of owning a sports bike because the kind of class and Adrenalin rush you get from this category of bikes cannot be found elsewhere. The stylish features, high power engine and incredible performance make these bikes much sought after.
In the past, buying a sports bike was a big deal as it meant spending a lot of money. While you may still need to spend a lot of money for these bikes, there are some cheap sports bikes too that won’t break the bank.
In this article I will tell you about the top 10 best sports bikes available in India 2017 with price.
10. Hyosung GT250R
This looks like a gorgeous child of the Ducati 748 and Suzuki GSXR. It is only when you look at the 250R sticker at side that you realize that this is actually a Hyosung GT250R. The GT250R sports a powerful 249 cc two-cylinder, V-twin DOHC eight-valve engine. It features a beautiful V-twin design that means you get low range torque along with a I-4 engineered engine. That means you get more power while you are riding on the streets.
The engine configuration is just perfect for the beginners and the stylish doesn’t fail to catch the eye. The headlight of the bike adds more style and charm to the bike. Hyosung GT250R looks like it has paved the way for modern styling to the entry level spots bikes.
- It boasts a top speed of 140 kmph
- It gives a mileage of 30 kmpl
- The available colors are Black, Red and White
- It has a maximum torque 22.07 Nm @ 8,000 rpm
- The maximum power is 28 bhp @ 10,000 rpm
- It features Electronic Fuel Injection
- It features disc brakes
- It contains dual twin piston caliper
Price: Rs. 3,25,500 (ex-showroom price)
9. Yamaha YZF-R3
This is a super stylish sports bike from the house of Yamaha, a brand known for its power and performance. The bikes come in two exciting colors – racing blue and black lightening. It is powered by a 321 cc liquid cooled engine and comes equipped with several features to add more power and comfort to the bike. The overall style of the YZF-R3 looks like the old meet new type. The wheels are trendy, lightweight with spoke design to add more speed to the bike. The YZF-R3 bike really stands out from the crowd with its incredible color schemes, tall screen and wide mirrors.
- It comes with a 321 CC liquid cooled engine
- It features a maximum power of 41.40 bhp @ 10,750 rpm
- It boasts a maximum torque capability of 29.60 Nm @ 9,000 rpm
- It gives a mileage of 22 kmpl on a full tank capacity of 14 litres
- It comes with a manual gearbox type with 6 number of gears
- It features disc brakes, with tubeless tyres and alloy wheels
Price: Rs. 3,44,538 (ex-showroom price)
8. Kawasaki Ninja 300
The Kawasaki Ninja 300 like a real ninja in action, and it’s a successful successor of the Ninja 250R. It is considered as one of the best sports bikes hence it gets a position in our list of top 10 sports bikes in India. It comes equipped with a 250cc liquid cooled engine. This Japanese manufacturer has increased the style quotient of Kawasaki Ninja 300 by making it a parallel twin-equipped bike. It features a maximum power of 39 bhp @ 11,000 rpm and maximum torque of 27 Nm @ 10,000 rpm.
Some of the other features include disc brakes, 2-pistonm caliper, electric start, digital speedometer, LED Tail Lamp, halogen headlight and so on. It comes in an attractive lime green color.
- It is powered by a 296 cc liquid cooled engine
- It has a manual gearbox with six gears
- The full tank capacity is 17 litres
- It has a reserve fuel capacity of 4.50 litres
- The fuel efficiency for the bike is 25 kmpl
- The fuel efficiency range is 425 km
- It comes with a top speed of 160 kmph
- The headlight type is Bulb and Reflector
Price: Rs. 3,83,000
7. Suzuki Gixxer SF Fi
This stylish and powerful bike from the house of Suzuki can slay you with its looks. What we like the best about this bike is that it has all the features of a sports bike but it won’t cost you a great deal. It comes within budget for most people. The stylish Suzuki bike comes in attractive color schemes such as Glass Sparkle Black, Metallic Triton Blue and Metallic Mat Black. The Gixxer SF Fi is among the top of the line of motorcycles in Gixxer range. This gorgeous sports bike is mainly aimed for the youth looking for a stylish looking and technologically advanced sports bike.
Gixxer SF Fi is powered by a 154.90 cc air cooled engine and it retains the style of sculpted fuel tank and the rear panels from the earlier versions of Gixxer. The bike can deliver a maximum power of 14.60 bhp @ 8,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 14 Nm @ 6,000 rpm. Modern features like disc brake and alloy wheel further make this bike really sought after.
- It is powered by a 154.90 cc air cooled engine
- It boasts a maximum power of 14.60 bhp @ 8,000 rpm
- It gives you a maximum torque of 14 Nm @ 6,000 rpm
- It comes with a Fuel Injection delivery system.
- It has a manual gearbox containing 6 gears
- The full tank capacity is 12 litres
Price: Rs. 1,00,145 (ex-showroom price)
6. KTM RC390
The KTM RC390 sports a stylish look but it does not have the generation change that you can expect to see in the Duke 390. This of course does not interfere with the level of performance of these bikes. You will definitely appreciate the one remarkable upgrade of the bike which includes a comfortable seat. The bike comes in an attractive bike and orange color combination. It comes with a host of feature updates too.
KTM RC390 is powered by a 373.20 cc liquid cooled engine and the fuel type is petrol.It boasts a maximum power of 42.30 bhp and the fuel delivery system is electronic fuel injection. It comes with a disc brake type and the wheel size is 17 inches. The new and attractive color scheme differentiates the model from others and this helps in boosting the performance.
- It comes with a 373.20 cc liquid cooled engine
- It features a manual gearbox with 6 no of gears
- It sports a chain drive transmission type
- The full tank capacity is 10 liters and the reserve fuel capacity is 1.50 liters
- It comes with tubeless tyres and alloy wheels
Price: Rs. 2,39,097 (ex-showroom)
5. Yamaha YZF-R15 S
Yamaha YZF-R15 S wins our hearts with its look and contemporary features. The best thing about this bike is that Yamaha has built it based on customer feedback so you will find everything that you need for an Indian consumer. According to the Japanese manufacturer many people really wanted to own a Yamaha YZF-R15 S but they did not go for it because of the uncomfortable rear seat. The bike is still powered by the 150cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It is capable of producing maximum of 16bhp at 8500rpm and maximum peak torque of 15Nm at 7500rpm. The bike comes in three attractive colors – adrenalin red, track white and spark green.
- It is powered by a 150 cc liquid cooled engine
- It has a maximum power of 16 bhp @ 8,500 rpm
- It comes with a maximum torque of 15 Nm @ 7,500 rpm
- It comes with a manual gearbox type with six gears
- It comes with disc brakes
- The full tank fuel capacity is 12 litres
- It gives you a top speed of 130 kmph
- It gives a mileage of 42 kmpl
Price: Rs. 1,23,189 (ex-showroom price)
4. KTM RC 200
The new updated version of KTM RC200 doesn’t feature any type of mechanical updates, however a significant and marked improvement is that the engine is now BS4 compliant. There have been a few changes to the overall appearance of the bike to make it stand out from the crowd. It really stands as one of the most preferred bike models among the entry-level sports bikes. The version just like its older version does not have ABS as an option. It however retains the scalpel-sharp handling which is so much liked by the customers. It comes in two attractive colors – black and white.
- It comes with a 199.50 cc liquid cooled engine
- It comes with a maximum power of 25.10 bhp
- The maximum torque is 19 Nm
- It features a chain drive transmission type
- It comes with a disc brake and Steel Trellis Frame
- The full tank capacity is 10 litres
Price: Rs. 1,82,448
3. Suzuki Gixxer SF
The Suzuki Gixxer SF is one of the most affordable and stylish sports bikes suitable for Indian roads. It has ben built keeping the requirements of young bike riders in mind. This fully-faired premium motorcycle is based on the Gixxer naked motorcycle style. It basically targets a young audience who wishes a stylish commuter bike which can be used daily and also be used as a tourer bike. The Suzuki Gixxer SF comes in three exciting colors – glass sparkle black, metallic triton blue and pearl mirage red.
- It is powered by a 155 cc air cooled engine
- The maximum power is 14.60 bhp @ 8,000 rpm
- The maximum torque is 14 Nm @ 6,000 rpm
- It comes with a chain drive transmission type
- It has a manual gearbox type with 5 gears
- The fuel tank capacity is 12 litres
- It gives a mileage of 54 kmpl
Price: Rs. 92,358 (ex-showroom)
2. Yamaha YZF R15
Yet another powerful sports bike by the Japanese manufacturer tops the chart and becomes our second best in this list. It comes in three shades – Sparky Green, Revving Blue and Adrenaline Red. The premium sport bike is powered by a 150cc liquid cooled engine and it boasts a truly incredible design that is specially geared towards the youth in India. The bike is capable of producing a maximum power of 16.70 bhp @ 8,500 rpm and maximum torque of 15 Nm @ 7,500 rpm.
- It comes with a 150 cc liquid cooled engine
- The full tank capacity is 12 litres
- The mileage of the bike is 42 kmpl
- It gives you a top speed of 130 kmph
Price: Rs. 1,26,491
1. Bajaj Pulsar RS200QA
We have known the Pulsar for quite long but the RS200QA really stands class apart from the rest. It has been launched after much wait by renowned Indian bike company Bajaj. This one is specifically designed as an amazing sports bike with incredible features such as clip-on handlebars and so on. It is powered by a 199.50 cc liquid cooled engine and it is capable of delivering a maximum power of 24.5bhp and maximum torque of 18.6Nm. This is undoubtedly among the best in this category of sports bike for Indian market. It comes in three exciting colors Demon Black, Yellow and Blue.
- It powered by a 199.50 cc liquid cooled engine
- It comes with a 24.50 bhp at 9,750 rpm
- The maximum torque capability is 18.60 Nm at 8,000 rpm
- It features chain drive transmission type
- The fuel tank capacity is 13 litres
- It gives a mileage of 35 kmpl
Price: Rs. 1,33,071
That’s all from our end in the top 10 best sports bikes available in India 2017 with price. Stay tuned for more articles like this.